The 2015 RAO Program Committee seeks Hot Topics and Cool Demonstrations for provocative conversation and deep thinking at the SAA Annual Meeting in Cleveland, OH. On Thursday, August 20, 2015 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, RAO will host its fourth annual Marketplace of Ideas and seeks purveyors of hot topics and cool demonstrations to sell their wares to a savvy audience of RAO archivists.
What is an RAO Hot Topic?
An RAO hot topic is an issue, a concern, an idea that has sparked recent attention in RAO circles. It can be something that seems novel or cutting-edge; it can be an enduring issue that is garnering new attention or approaches.
What Makes an RAO Hot Topic HOT?
An RAO hot topic can be provocative and even fractious; it can also be surprising and funny. Above all else, a hot topic should engender passion, engagement and excitement.
What is an RAO Cool Demo?
An RAO Cool Demonstration is a presentation of an approach or technique that has enhanced services, simplified processes, or transformed workflows and approaches. It could be a simple fix or adaptation, or a reinvention of the wheel.
What Makes an RAO Cool Demo COOL?
An RAO Cool Demo should be widely applicable to RAO archivists and simple enough to explain in a low-tech manner in a short period of time. Think of it as an app that works without a mobile device.
Make a Proposal…Applying to purvey hotness and coolness is simple and easy:
1. Draft a brief description of the demonstration or hot topic and explain how and/or why it relates to reference, access, or outreach archivists and their work.
2. Come up with a working title.
3. Determine who will lead the demo or moderate the discussion (this may be you, so talk to yourself).
4. Please go to this Google form to complete the online proposal application.
5. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2015.
6. All applicants will be notified about the status of their proposal by June 15, 2015.